About the Journal
Aims and Scope
NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences (NJES) ISSN 2070-9900 Publishes original contributions on all aspects of engineering sciences. The Journal is originally intended to serve as a platform for international quality peer-reviewed research work in the relevant field. Submission of a manuscript implies that it is not simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere and that the authors have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
Open Access Policy
NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences (ISSN 2070-9900) is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
NJES is a peer-reviewed, subsidized open access journal where the National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan, pays the open access fee. Authors do not have to pay any article processing charges (APC).
This journal is published biannually.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
(These guidelines are based on Elsevier recommendations and COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors)
NJES is a peer-reviewed international journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics. In order to provide our readers with a journal of the highest quality, we state the following principles of Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement. All articles not in accordance with these standards will be removed from the publication if malpractice is discovered at any time, even after the publication. NJES is checking all papers in a double-blind peer-review process. In accordance with the code of conduct, we will report any cases of suspected plagiarism or duplicate publishing.
By submitting the Author(s) manuscript to the journal, it is understood that it is an original manuscript and is unpublished work and is not under consideration elsewhere. Plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the author's own work, in whole or in part, without proper citation, is not tolerated by the journal. Manuscripts submitted to the journal may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software.
NJES is equipped with plagiarism detecting software "Turnitin" to screen submitted papers.
The copyright is retained by the NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences (NJES). The Journal, however, grants to all users an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, perform and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works in any digital medium for any reasonable purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship and ownership of the rights.
All items published by the NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences are licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY).
The license permits others to use, reproduce, disseminate or display the article in any way, including for commercial purposes, so long as they credit the author for the original creation.
Peer Review Policy
NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences follows a double-blind peer-review process after an editorial review. A plagiarism check is conducted on all submissions prior to the review. The manuscripts are reviewed initially by the Editor and subsequently assigned to two reviewers who are experts/specialists in their respective fields. The reviewers evaluate the manuscript's originality, quality, size, type, and suitability. Based on the reviewers' comments, if necessary, the manuscript is sent to a third reviewer for evaluation. The Editor is responsible for the final decision on publication.
- Ensure a fair double-blind peer-review of the submitted articles for publication.
- They will strive to prevent any potential conflict of interests between the author and editorial and review personnel.
- Editors will also ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept as confidential before publishing.
- Editor-in-Chief will coordinate the work of the editors.
- Evaluate manuscripts based on content without regard to ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, religious belief, or political philosophy of the authors.
- They must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept confidential and must report to the Editor-in-Chief if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the author’s side.
- They must evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the works in a clear way in the review form.
- A reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the Editor-in-Chief and excuse himself from the review process.
- Present an objective discussion of the significance of research work as well as sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the experiments.
- Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
- Review articles should also be objective, comprehensive, and accurate accounts of the state of the art.
- The authors should ensure that their work is entirely original works, and if the work and/or words of others have been used, this has been appropriately acknowledged.
- Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- Authors should not submit articles describing essentially the same research to more than one journal.
- The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the paper and its submission for publication.
In order to preserve all published scholarly content, NJES submits the journals’ content to Tehqeeqat - Research Indexing System for archiving for long-term digital preservation. The information can be found on: https://tehqeeqat.org/english/journalDetails/192